QuickBooks® is an accounting software program created by Intuit® for small businesses and self-employed professionals. It can be used for almost all financial business processes. You can use it for entering receipts, tracking expenses, invoicing, payment tracking, tax tracking, purchase orders, and even to prepare reports and statements regarding your finances. QuickBooks is your business' solution when it comes to bookkeeping and accounting. QuickBooks offers a variety of tools that can be tailored to meet the needs of any type of business. Using hands on instruction and Mary’s years of experience, this class should provide the student with a solid foundation to navigate through the many benefits that QuickBooks provides.
This course will cover the following:
10 weeks/30 hours
- Setting up a company.
- Creating and modifying a chart of account.
- Creating and understanding items.
- Working with Accounts Payable (entering bills and writing checks).
- Entering Credit card transactions.
- Working with Accounts Receivable (entering invoices, receipts, and payments).
- How to setup QuickBooks for W-2 payroll.
- Paying sales tax.
- Reconciling a bank account.
- Backing up QuickBooks