: Oil refinery operators typically begin their careers in entry-level positions and work their way up through the ranks, often to senior management positions. With a large portion of the industry's workforce currently entering retirement age, there is a huge demand for qualified entry-level refinery operators, and this trend is expected to continue in the coming years.
Very few institutions provide training for entry-level operators. This is a unique, user-friendly program designed for people who have minimal knowledge of the industry, math, physics, or chemistry. The necessary science concepts are built into the program modules.
Job responsibilities for oil refinery operators include ensuring that unit and process systems function properly and in a safe manner. Additional responsibilities include continually monitoring instrumentation and equipment, making periodic adjustments to maintain acceptable ranges for system process variables, and identifying and correcting potential and existing problems to prevent the interruption of system operations.
Upon completing our oil refinery operations training of this program, students are able to:
• Operate oil refinery equipment with safety as the prime consideration
• Monitor and operate common oil refinery equipment and instrumentation
• Make needed adjustments to keep system processes, including flows, temperatures, and pressures, within acceptable ranges
• Detect problems and take corrective action to prevent the interruption of system operations
• Analyze operational trends and take necessary corrective actions
• Employ standard operating procedures to adjust, maintain, start, stop production equipment
• Maintain communication with other operators, maintenance, and managementInstructor Description
: Max Ansari MSEE, P. Eng., First Class Steam Engineer is the instructor for our biofuel education program. He has experience in the operation of large hydrocarbon facilities, such as refineries, and the development of training systems for a multitude of large corporations engaged in complex industrial production processes. Max also has many years of experience as a professor at a community college. He’s taught a multitude of programs in a number of energy fields.
This program does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.