The class is based on information provided in the book Unconventional Investing
which was written with the common investor in mind. Most of us are not taught finance or investment strategies in school or the workplace. Financial education is provided to those who proactively seek it. The goal of this class is to educate and stimulate thought and/or discussion. What you will find presented are investment ideas and strategies that are rarely discussed by the financial media or large financial firms
Topics include, but not limited to:
- How to better manage your 401k or other work-based retirement accounts.
- How many mutual funds are inherently flawed and the next evolution of fund investing.
- How to build a more diversified portfolio and better tailor it to your risk tolerance.
- How to play both offense and defense. Strategies that will better serve you in the next bear market.
- How conventional portfolios may struggle in the next decade, especially considering some very specific and unique current events.
*Note: This class will not address individual stock or option trading.
1 night/2½ hours