: In today’s competitive hospitality market, understanding sales and marketing is essential to succeed in the hospitality business. This Hospitality Sales and Marketing course, offered by our accredited school partners, dives into specific market segments, such as travel, food service, lodging and events. The content draws upon practical experiences and new trends related to customer relationship management, advertising, social media and technology. This course explores customer motives and how sales professionals can tailor their approach to the buyer’s perception of value.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
Identify the concepts of customer relationship management, the marketing mix and what to look for when recruiting and hiring effective salespeople
Recognize the importance of internal marketing and sales, proper advertising, and telephone sales for increased sales productivity
Recall the steps for marketing to business and leisure travelers, as well as travel agents
List how to market and sell to specific segments, restaurants, and lounges
Identify how to promote catered events and develop leads
Enroll through one of our accredited university or college partners today!Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Selling Hospitality: A Situational Approach by Richard G. McNeill and John C. Crotts