: Massage therapists treat clients by using touch to manipulate the soft-tissues of the body. With their touch, therapists relieve pain, help rehabilitate injuries, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general wellness of clients.
In conjunction with the other entry-level courses within this program, this course, offered by our accredited school partners, provides the scientific backbone for students to understand all the inner working of the human body, how they think about the human body as a health care professional, how they communicate to colleagues and clients respectively about their bodies, and preparing for successful completion of the MBLEX exam in order to attain state licensure as a Massage Therapy Professional.
This course provides an overview of the anatomical structures and physiology of the human body. The course discusses each body system in terms of the major anatomical structures and functions and explains how each system participates in homeostasis of the body. In addition, the course discusses selected major pathologies, including disease definitions and causes, signs and symptoms, diagnostic procedures, and possible treatments. Finally, the course discusses common issues and changes that occur in each body system throughout the lifespan.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the organization of the human body
- Explain the contribution that each body system makes to homeostasis of the body
- Identify the major anatomical structures and the purposes of each body system
- Explain basic physiological processes in each of the body systems
- Describe selected human diseases in terms of definition, cause, signs and symptoms, diagnostic procedures, and possible treatments for each of the body systems
- Describe common issues or changes that occur in each body system throughout the lifespan
Enroll through one of our accredited university or college partners today!Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
All materials for this course are provided.