: EnglishShort Description
: The travel and tourism industry is a $4 trillion industry and growing. Our Travel Agent Training Program teaches students the skills they need to know to start a career in this exciting and rewarding field.
Over the course of your training, you'll learn about the various facets of the travel industry, including ground transportation, the airline industry, hotels and resorts, cruises, tours, international and domestic travel, the reservations process, ticketing and much more.
Upon completing this program students will be able to:
* Identify basics of the travel industry and how to deliver quality tourism services
* Recall strategies for coordinating transportation
* Recognize steps for coordinating and booking accommodations, attractions, and destinations
* Define the elements of potential economic, political, environmental, and social impacts
* Recall methods for communicating with clients and marketing and selling to the public
* Identify the various roles of the agent in the travel industry
* Recall the many travel markets available and how to choose a specific market
* Recognize strategies for pricing your services and travel packages
* List ways to advertise, promote a business and control financesInstructor Description
: Though this program is a self-paced program it is supported by an educational mentor. Educational mentors are subject matter experts who have years of experience in their field as well as the necessary educational training and credentials to work as an expert. The mentor is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Mentors also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement. In eLearning, motivation is a key tool to success. Because of this, mentors provide encouraging comments, feedback, and coaching to motivate learners throughout the duration of the program to support completion and success!Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Travel and Tourism course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as a travel agent in a travel agency and will be prepared to take the National Travel Agent Proficiency (TAP) Test. The TAP Test is a basic competency test that measures the entry-level knowledge of travel professionals within all aspects of the travel industry. The test was developed by The Travel Institute and the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) to provide a national standard of entry-level proficiency for the travel industry. Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)