: Do you want to create the next big web or mobile app? Are you interested in learning how to create apps easily and swiftly, while gaining a certification that will help you get started along a new career path? Maybe you want to learn about application design, so you can create apps for your own business or just for fun. Then, the Web and Mobile Application Design and Development course is a perfect place to start. This course does not expect or require any previous programming or design experience. You will learn the skills you need through our real-world project based learning approach. By the time you are done you will have a series of apps that demonstrate your understanding, a portfolio showing the breadth of your work and a certification* that tells the world that you have what it takes. The certification exam for this course is administered by the WebProfessionals.org association. You will gain the design and technical skills needed to go from concept to finished product. You will learn how to determine customer needs, create a project plan and produce the application. You will acquire and practice the programming skills needed to develop quality mobile applications. As you work through the real-world projects, you will develop interpersonal skills in communication, and project management. You will learn not only how to design an app, but ways to monetize your work and generate revenue from apps you create. This project-based experience also provides career exploration opportunities as you engage in video interviews of entrepreneurs, hardware techs, and application creators. You will learn what it takes to be a professional in the field and how to grow your passion, talents and interests into a career. During this course, you will create many different applications for both the web and mobile device deployment. You are free to share these apps with friends or continue to develop them into marketable applications. We believe that if you have an app idea then you should pursue it.
Upon successful completion of this program, learners will display proficiency in the following areas:
• Write thoroughly documented programs
• Write well tested and appropriately feature robust applications
• Demonstrate the ability to write program documentation that is succinct, thorough, and maintains standards of good English.
• Demonstrate the ability to compile, load and run an app program using a compiler.
• Explain what an application life cycle process is and its value to a developer.
• Explain the responsibilities of a project manager.
• Explain the basic differences between desktop, web and mobile devices and how they affect good application design.
• Understand the diversity of career pathways available to individuals passionate about programming and application design.
• Explain the differences in legal entities that could be used for an entrepreneurial startup.
• Demonstrate an understanding of Ethical Behavior and its value in the workplace.
• Explain how to protect the intellectual property and data involved in an application development
• Understand the basics of a good contract and what makes a contract enforceable
• Understand the history of the web and mobile devices
• Explain the differences between browser, web devices, smart devices, and mobile devices as it relates to good app design
• Understand the diversity of device operating systems and how that impacts initial design and development decisions
• Explain which application life cycle is the right choice for a first-time independent developer
• Compose and analyze a spreadsheet to compare different monetization models.
• Understand why specific monetization strategies are better for certain types of applications and how monetization affects design considerations.
• Develop a simple sales plan for a new application
• Understand how monetization, application design and marketing all contribute to revenue.
• Understand the need and process of version control during application creation
• Demonstrate an understanding of project management triangle and weighing choices.
• Explain what makes for good User Experience design
• Explain what makes for good User Interface design
• Explain the difference between UI and UX in application design.
• Understand the importance of graphics and branding as part of the User Experience design
• Demonstrate the main elements of a good testing process
• Determine and apply the best choice of logic to solve a coding problem
• Understand the basics of encryption standards and how to code, decode and communicate data safely
• Demonstrate how to save, recall and manipulate data including using variables, arrays and files
• Demonstrate an understanding of object oriented vs linear programming
• Understand and explain important terms including, method, functions, loops, objects, classes, and strings.Instructor Description
: This program is facilitated by a professional who has completed the Web and Mobile Application Design and Development Facilitator Training and Orientation Course. This training was provided to the facilitator by an experienced and certified trainer. Facilitators are provided with all solutions to student activities, and instructional videos as part of the facilitator/instructor materials. Access to these materials are provided during the facilitation training and assist the
facilitator with benchmarks for performance and course success.
This program is facilitated by Steve Wa
This program does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials. This program includes a number of tools custom built for students of this program to allow you to design and develop applications without the financial burden of other platforms or software.