: This Dining Room & Banquet Management course is ideal for a student that wants to move into hospitality management. Its emphasis is on the service aspects of a business that will distinguish an outstanding dining experience. The course, offered by our accredited school partners, includes the history of dining room and banquet service, the proper techniques of service, sanitation requirements, and important merchandising concepts. In addition, information about reservations, priority seating, and reservations systems is also included.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Define principles for dining service, sanitation, and presentation
• Identify guidelines and various styles of serving
• Comprehend training and managing needs of service personnel
• Identify the steps for managing the dining experience for guests
• Comprehend the principles for banquet business management
Enroll through one of our accredited university or college partners today!Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Dining Room and Banquet Management by Anthony J. Strianese and Pamela P. Strianese