: The EKG Technician Profession
EKG technicians are in demand! EKG technicians work in physician’s offices, hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities and organizations. EKG technicians also work for insurance companies to provide data for health and life insurance policies. Similar to other growing healthcare professions, the demand for EKG technicians is expected to continue to grow substantially. Approximately 25% more EKG technician jobs will be available by the year 2018.
The EKG Technician Program
This EKG Technician Program, offered by our accredited school partners, prepares students to perform EKG’s. This course will include information on anatomy and physiology of the heart, medical disease processes, medical terminology, medical ethics, legal aspects of patient contact, electrocardiography and stress testing. A highly interactive course!
This EKG Technician program prepares students to function as EKG technicians. This course covers the following key areas and topics:
• Detailed anatomy and physiology of the heart
• Medical disease processes and terminology
• Medical ethics and legal aspects of patient contact
• Electrocardiography and echocardiography
• An introduction to the components, function, and proper use of the EKG machine
• The normal anatomy of the chest wall for proper lead placement
• 12-lead placement and other practices
EKG Technician Detailed Course Information:
• Role of the EKG technician
• Function of the EKG department in a variety of settings (hospital, clinic, office, mobile service)
• Medical terminology related to electrocardiography
• Care and safety of patients including medical and legal aspects of patient care
• Anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system
• Electrophysiology, the conduction system of the heart, and the cardiac cycle
• Circulation of blood through the heart and vessels
• Lead placement for 12-lead electrocardiography
• Basic EKG interpretation of normal rhythms and arrhythmias
• EKG troubleshooting including recognizing artifacts
• Waves and measurements
• EKG strip analysis (P,Q,R,S,T wave-form interpretation)
• Identification of rhythms using the 12-lead EKG
• Holter monitoring and the echocardiogram
Enroll through one of our accredited university or college partners today!Instructor Description
: This course provides students with certified, skilled facilitators to guide them through their learning experience. Facilitators who are well trained in a unique mastery methodology and provide one-on-one instruction to their students to ensure mastery of the course material. The course facilitator is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Facilitators also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement.Certification
: EKG rhythms provide important data for the diagnosis of heart conditions. As a Certified EKG Technician (CET), you’ll have the credentials nearly all healthcare employers require to perform the critical tasks of administering EKGs, as well as Holter monitoring and stress testing. These tests can be performed during physical exams, when cardiovascular problems are suspected, or in preparation for surgery.
By administering EKGs — testing the electrical activity of the heart through small electrode patches attached to the body — you’ll be making a life-changing difference by helping people of all ages prevent and treat heart disease.
As an EKG Technician you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
Set up and administer EKGs (electrocardiograms) and stress tests
Prepare patients for Holter or ambulatory monitoring
Edit and deliver final test results to physicians for analysis
Transcribe physicians’ interpretations
The need for qualified EKG technicians continues to rise as the aging population in America grows (and with it, the prevalence of heart-related conditions). Earning your CET will help you launch a successful and meaningful career that can help make a difference in countless lives. Whether you seek full-time or part-time employment, the opportunities in this profession are flexible and in high demand. Plus, the added skills of Holter monitoring and stress tests required for the Certified EKG Technician (CET) will help you to be even more competitive as you launch your healthcare career.
Included in this program are the following textbooks:
• EKG Technician Program Standard, Custom Edition Package - Book package includes EKG Technician Program PowerPoint Slides
• EKG Technician Program Standard Student Workbook
• EKG Technician Program Advanced, Custom Edition Package - Book package includes EKG Technician Program: Advanced PowerPoint Slides