: In today’s industry of massage therapy, it is more important than ever to have knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career. The massage therapist has a wide range of opportunities available, and there are many different potential business relationships that will be encountered throughout a typical career. Learning more about the business world will serve to equip the massage therapist with information and tools that will inevitably be required as you begin your career.
In conjunction with the other entry-level courses within this program, this course, offered by our accredited school partners, provides the foundational components to effectively interact in the marketplace as either an employed massage therapist working for a company; or a self-employed entrepreneur working for him/herself; and the many different opportunities in between. Ethics and professionalism is extremely important with any therapeutic practice and these topics focus on the real-world ethical challenges professionals’ face, providing clear rationales for ethical behavior. The content encourages introspection, conversation, critical thinking, and problem solving, and promotes meaningful conversation about ethical concepts and dilemmas.
This course provides instruction the focuses on the basic knowledge and skills of business and professional development, including writing resumes, goal setting, self-care, and job interview comportment. Students will also have the knowledge and tools for basic entrepreneurship, including marketing for massage therapy. Finally, the course emphasizes utmost professionalism and ethical behavior.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Have the basic knowledge of the skills of professional development
- Will have the basic knowledge and ability to create a professional resume
- Search effectively for job opportunities, and prepare for professional interviews
- Develop career strategies, set goals, and create a plan for ongoing professional development
- Navigate the career path with sound business practices and ethical behavior
- Maintain personal and professional boundaries and develop routine practices for self-care
- Have the basic knowledge and tools for basic entrepreneurship, including marketing for massage therapy
- Observe ethical and professional behavior in accordance with ethical codes from the leading professional organizations in the industry
Enroll through one of our accredited university or college partners today!Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
All materials for this course are provided.