: The availability of clean, renewable power is without question going to be the defining challenge and goal of the 21st century, and wind will lead the way. Wind power can realistically not only replace the lion’s share of oil, coal, and natural gas fired electrical plants in the U.S., but also can add enough extra power capacity to allow for most of the cars in the nation to run on electricity.
The course is made up of Wind Energy Professional and Renewable Energy Specialist.
This Wind Energy Professional course, offered by our accredited school partners, is designed specifically with technicians in mind! This course covers all aspects of installing and troubleshooting wind turbines, giving technicians the knowledge they need to handle even complex maintenance tasks. This course explains how wind turbine blades harvest wind energy, and how generators convert shaft turning energy into electricity. It shows how electrical and hydraulic systems control the speed of wind turbine blades, energizing blade pitch and yaw position controls. Mechanical subjects such as gears, transmissions and gearboxes are discussed in detail.
Some additional course features include:
• Comprehensive, in-depth coverage—including wind turbine installation and troubleshooting, towers, blades, generators, control, and much more
• History, background, trends, and demand projections—Provides the context needed to understand the growing role of wind energy
• Coverage of all parts of vertical and horizontal wind turbines—including small, medium, and large wind turbines
• Essential electrical coverage—including basic electricity theory, magnetism, motors, generators, PLC controls, and the electrical grid
• Extensive discussion of mechanical topics
• Towers, tower designs, and safety- walks through the advantages and disadvantages of each type of tower, discusses the principles of safe tower design and construction, and explains nacelle installation
• Integration of wind-generated electricity into the grid
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Comprehend the core elements of wind energy
• Identify features of wind turbine technology
• Identify wind turbine classifications and specifications
• Identify components of wind turbines and generators
• Identify the steps for installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
The program also includes discussions on stress management and career development. Throughout, students will apply critical thinking skills to solve problems and evaluate situations. The skills students learn from this program will be essential to student success not only in the academic context, but will also carry over to any professional undertakings thereafter.
This course focuses on career planning, enhancing resume writing, and improving interviewing skills for those seeking employment.
Part One of the course, "Tailoring Resumes and Cover Letters for a Perfect Fit," will help learners craft a resume that is targeted, elegant, and effective. Part Two, "Interviewing Skills: Make the Right Impression," focuses on the preparation job candidates need in advance of an interview, and on the five stages of the interview process. Part Three, "Interviewing Skills: Ace Those Tough Questions," helps learners formulate winning answers to difficult interview questions before they walk into the interviewing room.
Enroll through one of our accredited university or college partners today!Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: The Certified Renewable Energy Specialist (CRES) national exam solidifies individuals as nationally recognized professional who specialize in Renewable Energy (CRES). Designation as a Certified Renewable Energy Specialist (CRES) will allow you to stand out as a Renewable Energy Specialist.
Certified Renewable Energy Specialists (CRES) combines his or her knowledge of the different sustainable, renewable energy sources into one field of Green expertise. Reality is, that understanding how to conserve energy through the use of solar and wind sources is not optional anymore, but necessary. A Certified Renewable Energy Specialist (CRES) must be able to understand and implement strategies for relying on the emergent generation of technologies which will be employed to provide energy for the power grid over the next 20 years.
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Wind Energy Basics by Paul Gipe
• Introduction to Wind Principles by Thomas E. Kissell