: EnglishShort Description
: This Certified Renewable Energy Specialist course addresses the main characteristics of the emerging generation of technologies which will be employed to provide energy for the power grid over the next 20 years. This course covers solar energy in its various forms, such as photovoltaic, thermal and thermodynamic energy conversion, taking into account the various issues associated with the connection of these solar plants to the grid. We will also cover Wind technologies that are today in full development and the section of this course dedicated to wind technology describes the state of the art, taking into consideration the consequences of adding large quantities of this intermittent energy source into power grids, one of which may be wide disturbances. Energy from the sea is also covered in the Certified Renewable Energy Specialist course, with a section on very small hydraulic plants which will become of increasing interest as fossil fuels become more and more expensive. The course continues with an analysis of geothermal energy along three lines: heat pumps, heat, and electric energy generation. Finally, the Renewable Energy Specialist needs to know about energy from biomass, which is also becoming of great interest due to the high cost of fossil fuels. In this section we cover a wide-ranging description of biofuels and biogas and we give special focus to sources of energy from word, as a substitute for gas or oil energy heating. This Certified Renewable Energy Specialist course is a must for anyone interested in moving into the field of green energy. This program includes the Certified Renewable Energy Specialist certification exam!
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Define the core elements of photovoltaic systems and solar energy
• Identify features of wind system energy
• Comprehend energy systems based on water and geothermal production
• Define main features of biofuels and bio-gas
• Comprehend the process of energy production from burning woodInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Renewable Energy Specialist course, students will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Renewable Energy Specialist (CRES).
Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Google Chrome is the best browser for this course
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Renewable Energy Technologies by Jean-Claude Sabonnadiere