: EnglishShort Description
: The US Criminal Justice system is a complex web of interconnected authorities, facilities, issues and concerns. One of the most important facets of criminal justice is the Corrections System that houses, monitors and reintegrates individuals – adults and juveniles – under supervision of the law. The criminal laws and penal system that determine corrections requirements, the various stresses on the largest corrections system in the world here in the US as well as the various issues, concerns and considerations for rehabilitating and reintegrating individuals back into society require a fundamental understanding of the entire system in order to successfully take on the roles and responsibilities of professionals working in the Corrections system.
Recognizing the need for skilled professionals that undertake a career in this difficult and complex field, the Corrections Specialist Program takes students through the ins and outs of the US Corrections system and the laws that govern it alongside the individual, political and societal issues that corrections professionals face every day.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Adobe PDF Reader