: Learn to master the most proven methods in project management as well as exciting new techniques emerging from current industry and today's most recent research. This course, offered by our accredited school partners, introduces manual techniques perfected during the past 50 years and progressive automated techniques, all consistent with the latest PMBOK Guide. Up to date content covers measuring project management ROI, value to the organization and to customers, and much more. The course's focused approach is ideal for building strong portfolios that showcase project management skills for future interviews. All course content is consistent with the knowledge areas and processes of the latest fifth edition of the PMBOK Guide to give readers an advantage in becoming Certified Project Management Professionals (PMP) if they choose.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Define project prioritization, life cycles, and roles
• Identify the steps involved in developing a project management plan
• Comprehend methods for assessing project needs, costs, and risks
• Identify the elements involved in performing and controlling projects
• Describe modern developments and the future of project management
Enroll through one of our accredited university or college partners today!Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Regardless of your career stage, the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is an asset that will distinguish you in the job market and enhance your credibility and effectiveness working on — or with — project teams.
Organizations with standardized practices attain better results, as shown in our 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report. Because the CAPM® recognizes your knowledge of the profession’s preeminent global standard, you’ll stand out to employers and be poised to move ahead.
Project management is a rapidly growing profession. Through 2020, 1.57 million new jobs will be created each year and qualified practitioners are in demand. With the CAPM, you’ll be on the fast track to opportunity.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling by Harold R. Kerzner
• A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide) by Project Management Institute
• CAPM/PMP Project Management Certification All-In-One Exam Guide by Joseph Phillips