: EnglishShort Description
: Students completing this program will gain a fundamental understanding of the biological principles and the properties of life, considering the structure and function of plants and animals, their relationship to various organisms, to each other and the environment they inhabit. Taking an in-depth look at cell biology principles, reproduction, development and growth, students will begin to understand the mechanics of evolution, inheritance and genetics. Students will learn the various ways for classifying different organisms, animals, and plants, as well as the human body, the characteristics and distinctions between them as well as the way in which all of these organisms contribute to the overall environment.
This program also provides an overview of the anatomical structures and physiology of the human body. Each body system is discussed in terms of the major anatomical structures and functions including how each system participates in homeostasis of the body. In addition, the program discusses selected major pathologies, including disease definitions and causes, signs and symptoms, diagnostic procedures, and possible treatments. Finally, the program will present common issues and changes that occur in each body system through the lifespan.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Adobe PDF Reader